Monday, April 7

sh*t my kid says // part 2

i laugh on the daily with homeboy.
he is the silliest little person i know.

i try to write down everything he says that i want to remember.
most of it is funny, some of it is like wtf?, some of it is tender...


//We're finishing up dinner & per the norm, Drey is arguing about finishing his.
Dad is a loser. Losers eat all of their dinner & winners save their dinner.
Oh yea, who told you that?
Um...? My heart.  
~
//It was a nice spring-ish day, we had a few hours before he needed to be dropped off at preschool..
Dreydan, what should we do today before preschool?
I think that you can just drop me off in a field & I'll dig up worms like dad.
Drop you off in a field?
Yea sure.
~
//Heyyyy stop that you're going to make my ice cream gross!
Tyler: Stop what?
Farting. It's getting on my ice cream.
~
//He walks over to me with a gloomy face.
Mom I'm still disappointed in you...
Why are you disappointed in me?
Because you ate all the chocolate covered strawberries.
As I'm eating the last one.. not ashamed.
~
//We were laughing & Ty was messing with us & I told Drey to tell him to 'shush'...
*yelling* DAD YOU BETTER SHUSH UP! YOU HEAD BUTT! CRACK YOUR HEAD OPEN
IF YOU EVER SAY THAT AGAIN!
*whispers* Did I say it right?
~
//Helping me with dinner.
Mom we should put some salt in this. Will you give it to me?
No it's good bud, it doesn't need salt.
*sighs* Well then I'm not going to eat this dinner. If it's going to be gross, I won't eat it.
~
//Drey & I were arguing about a little toy seal he has because he thinks its an otter.
It's an OTTER mom, you're wrong!
Drey it's a seal! Otters don't look like that.
NO! You're wrong!
YOU are wrong!
You're lying! That black man said it's an otter!
*thinking: the fuh??* Um.. what black man?
The black man who came to our house! HE said IT'S. AN. O-T-T-E-R!
*still thinking: THE FUH???* Dreydan, what black man?!
He came to our house yesterday! He's not lying about otters.
*ding ding ding!! Ty's polynesian friend. clearly a soft brown*
Herman?
Yea! Herman. He said it's an otter so you're lying.
Herman is wrong. I'm right. It's a seal. I'm your mom, listen to me.
Oh, it's a seal? Okay.
SMH.
~
//Drey what are you going to be when you grow up?
Basketball playerrrrr!!! Yeah!
Not football like dad?
No. Dad doesn't play football anymore. So I'm going to play basketball!
*insert tyler's heartbreak here*
Tyler: Okay buddy, you can play basketball.
Yea. So. That's what I'll be doing.
~
//Early morning, eating breakfast. Drey is slacking...
Dude. Please finish your cereal.
Mom if I don't finish all my breakfast then I don't get a treat?
That's right.
And I don't get to watch my cartoons?
Yup.
And I'll have to throw all my toys in the garbage?
Uhhh...? Yup.
And then I can't live anymore?
What? No that's not what I've ever said to you.
Oh. I thought it was a new rule.
*continues eating*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

did you miss part 1? go HERE to catch up!

 photo EmilySignature_zps0043f664.png

18 comments :

  1. HAHAHA oh my gosh he's a crack up! Where does he come up with all of that? Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, no clue! He is definitely very entertaining haha.

      Delete
  2. LOL these are hilarious!! I just went back and read part 1...dying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! The first one melts my heart! The farting one is hilarious! He is just so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kids say the most hilarious things!! the other day, i was complaining about how the traffic was so awful and she looked at me and said "i know, mommy. ain't nobody got time fo' dat! hahahahaha!!!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha. I think my favourite part was your response to him wanting to be dropped off in a field. You were concerned about the field, not that he thinks Daddy digs up worms.

    "Soft brown." LOL /dying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So hysterical!! So glad you are writing this down because even when you say "I could never forget this" you do. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do!! I'll reread stuff and I'm like, "whoa.. totally forgot about that!"
      xoxo!

      Delete
  7. Bahahahaah... the ice cream and farting is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He. Is. Hilarious. Wonder who he gets that from? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness What a FUNNY kid!

    How old is he?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a hoot!! loved seeing what he said!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I laughed out loud through this whole entry - you guys are so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh my goodness! this is adorable! I laughed so hard reading this. thanks for linking this up

    ReplyDelete
  13. How adorable!! Kids say some of the funniest things. Sometimes I wonder where they get some of their ideas from!

    ReplyDelete